Thursday, August 13, 2009

Surprise Surprise!

My wonderful sweet husband gave me a surprise this past Friday. As I walked in the front door from work I set my eyes upon a freshly cleaned and vacuumed home and a vase filled with breathtaking roses. But the main surprise was that my two little children were gone to grandma Jett's house for what Emma calls a "sleepover party". We did not know how to handle a night without kids! We decided to go to the movies, something we haven't done in over a year. I got to pick and I chose well - Transformers 2 was extremely entertaining! I highly recommend it if you enjoyed the first one. The entire night was quiet and relaxing and I love my husband (and mother-in-law) for setting it up.

The following Saturday night was also nice. The entire family attended the wedding reception for Ben's little brother, who I adore, and his beautiful new wife. It was a perfect reception and altogether a lovely weekend that reminded me how happy I am to be married to my best friend!




Emma took this picture of us at Steve and Jeneca's reception.




1 comment:

  1. I found your blog! This is such a wonderful surprise story! What does it say about our lives when vaccumed carpet is the most precious of gifts (besides of course kisses from our babies!) So glad you had fun! Your blog is BEAUTIFUL (and your theme is nice too! ;) all the pix of your family are amazing! Congrats on your "Stay-cation"! They are the only thing that keeps my marriage humming along!

    ReplyDelete