Sunday, September 6, 2009

Don't judge a book by its cover...

Well, it happened! My sweet little Angel of a daughter bit a boy at school last Monday. With her big little temper I have been preparing myself to receive some news from her Preschool about her being agressive with other children at some point. BUT I wasn't expecting that she would actually BITE someone! Emma is almost always polite and kind beyond compare. But since birth she has had a temper that she is still learning to control. Her side of the story is that the boy was trying to take something away from her and not being nice about it. Giving her the benefit of the doubt it kind of makes me proud that she is strong enough to not get bullied. Is that wrong? She is so small in stature and she looks so innocent that I think she appears on the outside to be an easy pushover. I guess that boy learned not to judge a book by its cover! She has never been one to just stand there when she feels threatened. We are constantly reminding her to use her words to defend herself when she needs to or to just walk away from the bad situation. We had a long talk with Emma about the incident at school and she promised to be nicer and not hurt others. She even asked the teacher the next day if she could go apologize to the little boy. I know this was an isolated thing that I shouldn't worry about. Emma is one sweet little girl. She gives a million hugs and kisses to all her friends and family members. She is always ready to help others or to make someone laugh. On Friday with her weekly report we had a personal note from the teacher that "Emma did a great job coming to the teachers for help if she had a problem." As for the boy, Emma said he got in trouble the other day for not listening and for putting a bunch of toys in his mouth.



My sweet and innocent biter.

No comments:

Post a Comment