Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Shadow Baby Jett




Not much time before I was married I was attacked by a dog. After that experience, although I still had a huge love for dogs I was a bit nervous around them. So after I got married I KNEW I wanted a dog but told Ben that I needed a small one that I didn't have to be afraid of.

So my wonderful new husband picked out a puppy for me for my birthday. The first thing I noticed was his PAWS!!! They were massive and I knew enough about dogs to know that big paws meant a big grown up dog in the future. But Ben assured me that it would be fine - and it really was. Shadow was the most gentle dog in the entire world.The vet believed he may have had some German Shepard or Great Dane in him since he was so tall. He was spoiled as a puppy and grew up to believe he was a lap dog, even when he hit 100 pounds. As newlyweds we took him everywhere and after the kids were born he became the protector of the house.

I knew he was special when we got him. We got him from the Rockmart Pound. They told us he was born the day after September 11, 2001. He was found alone under a porch and they named him "Trooper". He was an amazing dog. He let the kids pull on him and climb over him and I never had to worry about him hurting anyone. He was afraid of thunder and fireworks. He rarely ever left the yard. He always listened to us. He made me feel extrememly safe when Ben was gone. He looked big and scary when he barked but he was so sweet we gave him the middle name "Baby". We loved him dearly and he will forever be missed. R.I.P to my dear Shadow Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment