Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Earth Day 2011

I decided to take the kids again this year to Earth Day at the Chattahoochee Nature Center since we had such a blast last year. We had had some bad weather the night before and it brought a cold front to the area so I had a late start getting us there. I wasn't sure if it would rain again or if the weather would cooperate. So we missed a few things and we a little rushed thru others because we got there so late but we still had fun!


Here are some of the fun things we got to do:


  • Face painting - this marked the first time Matthew let someone paint his face!

  • Hula Hooping - Emma's favorite part of the day

  • Going inside a GIGANTIC globe balloon

  • Making Crafts - CD ladybugs, pencil pinwheels and birdfeeders out of empty yogurt cups

  • Watching and playing with the Ritmo Blu band - my favorite part of the day

One funny thing in the pictures below - Emma was cold but I did not pack her a jacket. I did have an extra shirt for Matthew so she used that. It is funny to see her in his green robot shirt but it is funnier to think she fits in his 3T clothes.


I hope to make this an annual event. But next year I will definitely get there earlier so we can take our time and enjoy ourselves more.

No comments:

Post a Comment