Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Detective Work

One day out of the blue, Emma called me to her room and said:



"Mom, so like the Easter bunny and the Easter baskets and all that stuff.....that is all you right?" I felt like a deer caught in headlights. Ben wasn't home and I didn't know how to react. Finally I just said "Well I don't want to lie to you so....Yes Honey. I do all those things". Thinking I was done I started to walk out of the room and then she said "AND Santa Clause...that's you too right?!" I looked at her face. She was so proud of herself for figuring it out. I asked her if someone at school told her or if she saw it on television but she said she just figured it out on her own. She was so happy so I told her the truth but also let her know that Christmas was special and that it was still fun and important to believe in the Christmas spirit.



Well, after that conversation I shouldn't have been surprised that when she lost her first tooth she said it again...."Mom, the Tooth Fairy - it's just like the Easter Bunny and Santa right?!" This smart little girl is growing up too fast. I love seeing her grow and although I get a little sad when I see her looking older with a missing tooth I also see what a beautiful intelligent girl she is growing up to be too. And well I'm just so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment