Sunday, November 20, 2011

Family Photos

A while ago I entered the kids in a photo contest and Emma won. She had the most "likes" on Facebook and so we got a discounted photo session with a great local photographer (and a friend from church). She takes great pictures and I was so excited to see what Barefoot in Bluegrass Photography could do with our little family. We scheduled a day for the photo shoot at a nearby park and spent a couple hours taking multiple shots. The kids did great and we had a ton of fun. Melanie said she took about 200 photos. Unfortunately later that night she found out that her camera had malfunctioned (something that she has NEVER had happen in her many years of picture taking) and our photos were lost. We scheduled another day for photos. The boys were not too thrilled about having to take pictures again and Matthew was having a lot of trouble cooperating. Emma of course is always ready to be the center of attention! Melanie worked her magic and got some really great photos even with the grumpy boys. I put some up on the main blog page but here a few more of my favorites. I recommend you book your next family pictures with Melanie!!

I have to add this last photo too! The photographer texted me and told me she couldn't finish editing the pictures after coming across this picture. She said it was the funniest thing she ever saw and couldn't stop laughing. She even put in on her website (so embarrassed!!). She said it was her favorite picture. The story behind it is that grumpy Matthew would not smile for the camera and when he did he would close is eyes. So here is Emma helping him out.....
What a crazy beautiful family I have. Love them!!

1 comment: