Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Surprise!!



I had been feeling pretty sick since the beginning of October. I had back pain some cramping and just felt yuck. After about 3 weeks of this I finally decided to go to the doctor. I had a large cyst removed about 10 years ago and thought that maybe I had another one that was causing all my symptoms. I spoke to the doctor who decided that it could possibly be a cyst but she was going to run a bunch of simple tests to rule out anything else right away. I sat there waiting for a little while and the doctor came back in the room and said...."well, it's not a cyst.....but you ARE preganant". Um what?! Wasn't really expecting that response! She said it was really early but the test definitely was positive. I went home and after Ben and I let it soak in a bit we were really happy and excited. We shared the news with our parents that day and waited till my first Pre-natal appointment to tell the kids. They are even more excited than we are. Emma of course wants a baby sister and Matthew says he would like a boy. We should find out what it is in February.




That is all the good news. The bad news is that I continued not feeling well and in fact got worse. I can't keep food down and feel sick all day. I am tired from not eating and have a headache constantly. Smells make me sick and food tastes just awful. Even things I used to love taste so different now. At my last doctor's appointment I had lost about 5 pounds and a test showed traces of Ketones. The doctor wasn't too thrilled about that and said if the amount were any higher she would have me admitted for IV fluids. Instead she gave me some medicine to try - a combo of Unisom and B6. It seemed to work at first but I started vomitting again the other day. I'm giving it a couple more days and if I don't feel better I will have to go back to see the doctor.




I'm 13 weeks now and just pray that I will be over that first trimester Funk soon!! I have a baby to start getting ready for ya know.

1 comment:

  1. We are soo excited! Thanks for sharing some details. I didn't know that this was a surprise! I hope you feel better very soon. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete